For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Massachusetts' 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Niki Tsongas (D), who was first elected in 2007. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, she served as the representative of Massachusetts' fifth congressional district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
- Niki Tsongas - Incumbent
The 3rd congressional district of Massachusetts held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Jim McGovern (D) ran for the 2nd district seat due to redistricting in 2012. The 5th district incumbent Niki Tsongas (D) won the 3rd district seat. She defeated Jon Golnik (R) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Niki Tsongas Incumbent||63.3%||212,119|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State "Return of Votes"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Massachusetts, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Massachuestts Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "Republican Primary Candidates," accessed June 5, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Massachusetts"
- MSNBC "2010 Election Results"