Massachusetts' 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Michael Capuano (D), who was first elected in 1998. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Massachusetts' eighth congressional district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Michael Capuano - Incumbent
The 7th district of Massachusetts held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Ed Markey (D) ran for 5th district seat due to redistricting in 2012. The 8th district incumbent Michael Capuano won election to the 7th district seat. He defeated Karla Romero (I) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Capuano Incumbent||73.9%||210,794|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State "Return of Votes"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Massachusetts, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Massachuestts Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Massachusetts"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"