Massachusetts' 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
September 9, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
Heading into the election the incumbent is William Keating (D), who was first elected in 2010. Prior to redistricting due to the 2010 census, he served as the representative of Massachusetts' defunct tenth congressional district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
- William Keating - Incumbent
- John Chapman - Former Romney administration official
- Vincent Anthony Cogliano, Jr. - Chairman of Plymouth County GOP PAC
- Mark Alliegro - Cell biologist
- Daniel Shores
The 9th district of Massachusetts held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Stephen Lynch (D) ran for the 8th district seat due to redistricting in 2012. The now defunct 10th district incumbent William Keating won the 9th district seat. He defeated Christopher Sheldon (R) and Daniel Botelho (I) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Massachusetts District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||William Keating Incumbent||55.1%||212,754|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State "Return of Votes"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Massachusetts, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Massachuestts Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 31, 2012
- Boston.com, "Former Romney administration official to challenge Keating for Congressional seat," accessed January 14, 2014
- Patriot Ledger, "Second Republican announces candidacy for 9th Congressional District," accessed February 3, 2014
- Greenfield Reporter, "Republican Daniel Shores challenging Mass. US Rep. Keating in 9th Congressional District race," accessed February 15, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Massachusetts"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"