Difference between revisions of "Massachusetts 2012 ballot measures"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
* The four initiatives were filed with the [[Massachusetts Legislature]] by [[Massachusetts Secretary of State]] [[William F. Galvin]] as signatures were verified before the
* The four initiatives were filed with the [[Massachusetts Legislature]] by [[Massachusetts Secretary of State]] [[William F. Galvin]] as signatures were verified before the .
Revision as of 13:32, 5 January 2012
- 23 initiatives were approved for circulation by the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- Some measures were filed more than once.
- All measures were filed with the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- All measures are indirect initiated state statutes.
- Four measures were filed by the initial November 23 and December 7, 2011 deadlines, therefore only those four are still eligible to make the ballot.
- The four initiatives were filed with the Massachusetts Legislature by Massachusetts Secretary of State William F. Galvin as signatures were verified before the start of 2012.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|IndISS||Question 1||Business||Deals with vehicle owner and business protections in the state.||
|IndISS||Question 2||Assisted death||Would establish an "Act Relative to Death with Dignity".||
|IndISS||Question 3||Marijuana||Would allow for the use of medical marijuana in the state.||
Not on the ballot
The following are measures that did not make the ballot or were not approved for circulation.
|IndISS||Abuse Prevention Repeal||Admin. of gov't.||Would repeal a law passed in the state dealing with Abuse Prevention|
|IndISS||Voter Identification Initiative||Elections||Would require identification from residents before voting.|
|IndISS||Permits and Regional Planning Initiative||Housing||Amending a certain housing law in the state.|
|IndISS||Casino Gaming Initiative||Gambling||Create casino establishments in three locations in the state.|
|IndISS||Electricity Contracts Initiative||Business regulation||Relative to Electricity Contracts in the state.|
|IndISS||Public Duties Initiative||Government accountability||"An Initiative Petition for a Law Relative to M.G.L. 209A."|
|IndISS||Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Rating Initiative||Business regulation||Deals with insurance ratings in the state.|
|IndISS||Auto Sale Cancellation Initiative||Business regulation||Deals with the right for the cancellation of an auto sale in the state.|
|IndISS||Health Cost Referendum||Health care||Allow local governments to structure health care benefits.|
|IndISS||Charitable Solicitation Regulation Initiative (4)||Business regulation||Change the "do not call" list law to regulate certain charitable solicitations.|
|IndISS||Water Sewage Rates Initiative||Environment||Limit the amount by which water and sewer rates may be raised.|
|IndISS||9/11 Investigation Commission Initiative||Admin. of gov't.||Establish a law that would create a Citizens’ 9/11 Investigation Commission.|
|IndISS||Whale Fishing Act||Animal rights||Would create a "safe whale fishing" act.|
|IndISS||Recyclable Bottle Expansion||Environment||Expand the recyclable bottle law.|
|IndISS||Health Care Initiative||Health care||Would repeal a health care law.|
|IndISS||Food Store Wine Selling Initiative||Alcohol||Would allow for the sale of wine in food stores.|
|IndISS||Limited Beer and Wine Licenses Initiative||Alcohol||Would limit beer and wine licenses in the state.|
|IndISS||License and Registration Initiative||Admin. of gov't.||"An Initiative Petition for a Law Relative to M.G.L. 90, Section 22."|
|IndISS||Secret Recording Law Initiative||Law enforcement||Create exception to law banning secret recording of oral/wire communication.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Massachusetts ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Legislature
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found