Massachusetts 2012 ballot measures
Revision as of 11:11, 26 September 2011 by Bailey Ludlam
- 23 initiatives were approved for circulation by the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- Some measures were filed more than once.
- All measures have been filed with the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- All measures are indirect initiated state statutes.
- One measure, the charitable solicitation regulation proposal, was filed six different times.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|IndISS||Question 1||Business||Deals with vehicle owner and business protections in the state.|
|IndISS||Question 2||Assisted death||Would establish an "Act Relative to Death with Dignity."|
|IndISS||Question 3||Marijuana||Would allow for the use of medical marijuana in the state.|
Not on the ballot
The following are measures that did not make the ballot or were not approved for circulation.
|IndISS||Abuse Prevention Repeal||Admin. of gov't.||Would repeal a law passed in the state dealing with Abuse Prevention|
|IndISS||Voter Identification Initiative||Elections||Would require identification from residents before voting.|
|IndISS||Permits and Regional Planning Initiative||Housing||Amending a certain housing law in the state.|
|IndISS||Casino Gaming Initiative||Gambling||Create casino establishments in three locations in the state.|
|IndISS||Electricity Contracts Initiative||Business regulation||Relative to Electricity Contracts in the state.|
|IndISS||Public Duties Initiative||Government accountability||"An Initiative Petition for a Law Relative to M.G.L. 209A."|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Massachusetts ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Legislature