Massachusetts down ballot state executive elections, 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
|Office||Incumbent||Assumed Office||Incumbent running?||General Election Candidates||2015 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
||2010||No (Ran for Governor)|| Deb Goldberg
|Auditor of the Commonwealth||Suzanne Bump
||2011||Yes|| Suzanne Bump
Patricia Saint Aubin
Steven Grossman (Running for governor)
- Barry Finegold - State Sen.
- Deb Goldberg - (Declared) Non-profit president and former Brookline Selectman
- Thomas Conroy - member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives, representing the Thirteenth Middlesex district.
- Mike Heffernan - Co-Founder and Advisory Board member of the tech start up Mobiquity, Inc.
- Ian Jackson - Green Party candidate
The treasurer is responsible for maintaining the state funds by investing and maintaining the state budget. The department is divided into seven divisions, abandoned property, board of retirement, the water pollution abatement trust, debt management, deferred compensation, financial education and cash management.
The Auditor's office is responsible for conducting financial, performance and technical audits of state programs, departments, agencies and other uses of public money.
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Boston Globe, "Cape state senator, treasurer to run for governor," July 11, 2013
- Boston Globe, "Murray adds to the buzz over 2014 governor’s race," November 15, 2012
- The Phoenix, "The Gathering Storm," November 7, 2012
- Deb Goldberg for Treasurer 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed December 31, 2013
- Boston.com State Representative Tom Conroy to announce campaign for state treasurer Thursday, January 9, 2014
- Mike Heffernan 2014, About, accessed January 28, 2014
- Berkshire Eagle, Democrat Conroy shares his visions as state treasurer candidate, January 13, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |