Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 21|
Doheny is an investment fund manager.
Doheny ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 21st District. He is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket and defeated recent seminary graduate Kellie Greene in the June 26 Republican primary. The winner will take on Democratic incumbent Bill Owens in the general election.
In 2010, Doheny was just under 2,000 votes short of beating Owens.
Greene, an international business consultant, said local Republican organizations have been dismissive of her campaign. The primary, she said, should not "be the will of the party. It’s supposed to be the will of the people." Several county Republican chairman responded, one saying that Greene had not shown a strong enough campaign, and another saying she did not send the campaign literature he had offered to distribute for her.
On the issues, Doheny and Greene had their disagreements. Greene favors a flat tax, while Doheny says such a tax would be best in theory, in practice he would rather work toward "a flatter, simpler, fairer tax system" with no loopholes. Regarding immigration, Doheny supports expanding H2A guest-worker visa programs, while Greene says "We don't have jobs for our own people."
Due to scheduling difficulties, the two candidates were unable to meet for a debate. Greene blamed the latest difficulty on Doheny's camp.
|Matt Doheny Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 18, 2012||$316,132.37||$154,619||$(52,729.25)||$418,022.12|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$482,876.76||$117,905.69||$(80,179.27)||$520,603.18|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2012||$520,603.18||$497,401.81||$(714,036.69)||$303,968.30|
- Watertown Daily Times "Greene, Doheny diverge on H2A visa program," June 19, 2012
- Post Star "GOP sues to remove Owens from third-party ballot line," May 1, 2012
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- Central New York YNN "Doheny hopes for second shot at Republican primary," June 8, 2012
- Post Star "Doheny details priorities and tax platform in Glens Falls visit," June 14, 2012
- Post Star "Green says most GOP hierarchy has shunned her," June 6, 2012
- Watertown Daily Times "GOP primary debate is off," June 21, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt Doheny's April Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt Doheny's July Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt Doheny's October Quarterly Report," Accessed October 17, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |