Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 93|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Krause's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Texas politicians can no longer use the same budgetary gimmicks that we so often deride in our leaders in Washington D.C. Unfortunately, the 82nd Legislature “balanced the budget” by using those gimmicks. We need to put Texas on sound fiscal footing by requiring a zero-based budget so that each department and program has to justify its use every biennium."
- Excerpt:"I oppose all efforts to implement an income tax here in the Lone Star State. I will also seek to substantially reduce if not eliminate the Margins Tax which places a heavy burden on our most vital and effective job creators: small businesses and entrepreneurs."
Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt:"I believe that life begins at conception and that life should be protected with the full force of law. We must respect life from conception to natural death."
- Excerpt:"As Texans we understand that without properly educating our children, the future prosperity of the state is in jeopardy. That means that funding for education should go to those who need it most – teachers and students in the classroom. I also believe that we should continue to pursue alternate means of educating our children such as charter schools and online learning."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Krause served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• County Affairs|
|• Special Purpose Districts|
Krause won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 93. Krause defeated Patricia Pat Carlson and incumbent Barbara Nash in the May 29 primary election and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 93 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Barbara Nash Incumbent||37.6%||2,298|
|Patricia Pat Carlson||11.7%||715|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Krause + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- D/FW expects nearly 4000 people to sleep in terminals Friday night due to high ... - Dallas Morning News (blog)
- With solemn prayer, song, speech, Dallas commemorates legacy of JFK - Dallas Morning News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Barbara Nash (R)
|Texas House District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |