|U.S. House, Texas, District 21|
|Profession||Small business owner|
McCall studied Economics and Business at Westmont College. He has started a number of small businesses and currently operates a business that supplies surgical products to U.S. military hospitals in Europe.
McCall's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Cut the Spending
- Excerpt: "It’s the spending that is feeding the beast that is eating our Constitution, our Churches, and ultimately our personal dignity. It is not only the fault of George W. Bush or Barack Obama, but it is ours for not understanding the balance of powers: the Constitution clearly states that the House of Representatives appropriates money."
- National Debt
- Excerpt: "gain, Congress spends the money. They have been kissing our babies while selling them into financial slavery. This is real, and it will not end well if we continue to trust Congress to fix it. If you are like the minority of us who have not been practicing rational ignorance, then for the sake of your children, and mine, I ask you to turn with me and work to help rebuild this country."
- Excerpt: "There are revolutions going on in the energy industry, the nanotechnology industry, and the biotechnology industry. We can have a new American century of prosperity and growth through manufacturing. The problem isn’t our wages because we are the most productive people in the world. The problem is government agencies choking off our businesses."
- Abolish the IRS
- Excerpt: "The IRS has been targeting Conservatives and not allowing organizations to be granted 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 status (non-profit, tax-free status). Many of these problems have still not been fixed. The IRS mandates that you comply with thousands of federal regulations, including ObamaCare, which will drive up insurance premiums."
- Excerpt: "Obamacare is the arrogant takeover of 17% of the economy by bureaucrats who think they can make better decisions than you. It is representative of the complete failure of the establishment of both parties to deal with the current problems in our medical system."
|U.S. House, Texas District 21 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Lamar Smith Incumbent||60.4%||40,441|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Matt McCall (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$0||$12,030||$(2,232)||$9,797|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$9,797||$13,195||$(12,579)||$10,413|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$10,413||$6,660||$(14,176)||$2,896|
|Year-End||January 14, 2014||$2,896||$47,909||$(26,673)||$24,132|
McCall has two daughters. He enjoys gardening, traveling, hiking and running.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + McCall + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 21st Congressional District
- Texas Secretary of State, 2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 24, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 24, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt McCall April Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt McCall July Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt McCall October Quarterly," accessed February 13, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt McCall Year-End," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |