Difference between revisions of "Matt McCoy"
(year of first election added)
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
Revision as of 13:53, 23 June 2010
|Iowa State Senate District 31|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||VP of Community Development|
McCoy earned his BA from Briar Cliff College in 1988.
McCoy is Vice President of Community Development for Downtown Development Corporation.
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa Senate
- Local Government Committee, Iowa Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
McCoy is running for re-election to the 31st District Seat in the Iowa State Senate against Dave Leach (R). The election takes place on November 2, 2010. McCoy had no opposition in the Democratic primary election on June 8th.
On November 7, 2006, McCoy was re-elected to the 31st District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Nicholas G. van Patten.  McCoy raised $263,357 for his campaign, while van Patten raised $66,143. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 31 (2006)|
|Matt McCoy (D)||13,276|
|Nicholas G. van Patten (R)||6,941|
In 2006 McCoy collected $263,357 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$43,019|
|Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund||$8,100|
|William A. Krause Revocable Trust||$7,250|
McCoy has one child.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Matt McCoy
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- 2010 Iowa Primary Election Results
- 2006 Iowa Election Results
- Money Raised by Iowa Candidates, 2006
- 2006 Contributions to Matt McCoy
|Iowa Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|