|Iowa State Senate District 31|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||VP of Community Development|
McCoy earned his BA from Briar Cliff College in 1988.
McCoy is Vice President of Community Development for Downtown Development Corporation.
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa Senate
- Commerce Committee, Iowa Senate
- Local Government Committee, Iowa Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
McCoy had no opposition in the Democratic primary election on June 8th.
On November 7, 2006, McCoy was re-elected to the 31st District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Nicholas G. van Patten.  McCoy raised $263,357 for his campaign, while van Patten raised $66,143. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 31 (2006)|
|Matt McCoy (D)||13,276|
|Nicholas G. van Patten (R)||6,941|
In 2006 McCoy collected $263,357 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$43,019|
|Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund||$8,100|
|William A. Krause Revocable Trust||$7,250|
McCoy has one child.
- Sen. McCoy's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Matt McCoy
- Iowa State Senate Website
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Matt McCoy on Facebook
- Matt McCoy on Twitter
- 2010 Iowa Primary Election Results
- 2006 Iowa Election Results
- Money Raised by Iowa Candidates, 2006
- 2006 Contributions to Matt McCoy
|Iowa Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|