Washington State Senate, District 31
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Matt Richardson ran for the Washington State Senate District 31. He was opposed by Pam Roach (R), Ron Weigelt (D) and Raymond Bunk(D) in the August 17, 2010 primary. He was defeated by his opponent in the general election on November 2, 2010 Pam Roach (R).
|Washington State Senate, District 31 Primary (2010)|
|Pam Roach (R)||10,406||40.90%|
|Matt Richardson (R)||5,798||22.79%|
|Ron Weigelt (D)||5,043||19.82%|
|Raymond Bunk (D)||4,193||16.48%|
Richardson's website lists the following issues:
- Jobs and Economic Security
- Excerpt: "I believe in Fair-Trade and an equal playing field for out goods and services. I promise to defend the people, our families and the workers of our state."
- Excerpt: "Our State Constitution makes K-12 education a paramount priority which needs more stable funding for the sake of our students and our future. In higher education, regulations on colleges and vocational institutions need to be relaxed, and funding sources stabilized."
- Balanced Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "I opposed the repeal of I-960 and would support the re-passage of a stronger measure that requires a 2/3rds majority to raise taxes."
- Transportation and Flooding
- Excerpt: "I believe that flooding protection, mitigation programs, and wildlife habitat improvements up and down our rivers are the best solutions for all concerned."
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found