Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 6|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Schaefer's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxpayer Money & Common Sense
- Excerpt:"We should never forget that the money in Austin doesn’t belong to Austin, and taxpayers want good value for their dollars. I oppose tax increases because Austin has a spending problem, not a revenue problem."
Education Excellence and Efficiency
- Excerpt:"We must adequately fund our schools and colleges to ensure the foundation of our economy, but we must also recognize that taxpayers deserve efficiency for the dollars they provide. Education spending should be tied to accountability and high-standards. At the same time, we need to give educators the flexibility to implement those standards and ensure student achievement."
Life; Protecting the Unborn
- Excerpt:"I will do everything a State Representative can do to protect life. From the elderly person facing sickness to the unborn baby, we must defend the dignity of each person. Texas must always be a state where every God-given life has the highest value in law."
Opposing Same-Sex Marriage
- Excerpt:"Marriage was established by God for one man and one woman. The institution of marriage has proven itself throughout history to be the best way to build a family. I will oppose any effort to erode traditional marriage."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Schaefer served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Jurisprudence|
|• Defense & Veterans' Affairs|
Schaefer ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 6. Schaefer defeated incumbent Leo Berman in the May 29 primary election and defeated Charles Parkes, III in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Libertarian||Charles Parkes III||11.2%||5,380|
|Texas House of Representatives District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Leo Berman Incumbent||42.3%||8,186|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Schaefer + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Leo Berman (R)
|Texas House District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |