Difference between revisions of "Matt Schultz"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
Revision as of 20:42, 17 May 2010
- Associates Degree, Brigham Young University-Idaho (2001) in behavioral sciences
- Bachelor's degree, University of Iowa (2003) in political science (with honors)
- Juris Doctorate degree, Creighton University School of Law (2006)
Shortly after receiving his law degree, Schultz worked as an associate attorney, first for Katskee, Henatsch & Suing and then later for Smith Peteron Law Firm LLP. In December 2007, he joined the Council Bluffs-based private practice law firm of Schultz & Watson, LLP where he operates as both an attorney and a partner.
Schultz has stated that if elected as Iowa Secretary of State he will "incorporate the Federal E-Verify system, operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, into" the office's website.  E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer to determine whether or not an individual is eligible to work in the country. Schultz argues that promotion of this policy would allow for "not only leveling the playing field for Unions, but making more jobs available to all Iowans.” 
- See also: Iowa Secretary of State election, 2010
Schultz currently resides in Iowa with his wife, Zola, and their three children - Levi, Hyrum, and Kendra.
209 Pearl Street, First Floor
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
- Office of the City Clerk of Council Bluffs - Matt Schultz biography
- Matt Schultz for Iowa Secretary of State Campaign website
- Matt Schultz's Facebook profile
- Matt Schultz's Twitter account