|Vermont House Of Representatives, Windham 3|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed by||Gov. Peter Shumlin|
Trieber was previously a Selectboard member from Rockingham. He currently works as an environmental consultant with Atkinson Street Environmental in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Trieber served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services|
Trieber's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Business Development
- Excerpt: "Business Development is key to the growth and future of the district, I have first-hand experience with the concerns of the small business owner. As a member of the Rockingham Selectboard, I have seen the issues that our selectboards face in trying to maintain our local businesses while incentivizing new ventures. The state needs to be a partner in this process."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "Single Payer Health Care is not just a compassionate law that will help thousands of Vermonters avoid desperate financial situations due to rising health care costs, but it will also help the state on an economic level as we look for ways to attract businesses to our area. Being in proximity to New Hampshire, Vermont must look for ways to stand out from our neighbor."
- State Budgets
- Excerpt: "The Vermont state government has a fiduciary duty to live within its budget, just as its citizens do. While in the state house, I worked to pass responsible budgets created without broad-based tax increases. Serving on the house committee on human services, I fought to meet the needs of Vermont’s most vulnerable while eliminating waste."
- Privacy Rights of Vermonters
- Excerpt: "Vermonters cherish their right to privacy, and both our Federal and State constitutions contain provisions that guarantee the right to privacy for our citizens. But the right to privacy is always in need of a staunch defender, as this past session has proven."
- Your issues
- Excerpt: "The issues that are of the most importance to me are the ones that are brought to me by my constituents. I have enjoyed meeting many of you, hearing your concerns, and bringing them back to Montpelier to fight for you. I look forward to the opportunity to continue to work for you in Montpelier."
Trieber won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Windham 3. Trieber advanced past the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Windham 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Carolyn Partridge Incumbent||36.6%||749|
|Matt Trieber Incumbent||35.8%||733|
Comprehensive donor information for Trieber is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Trieber raised a total of $2,014 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Matt Trieber's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Windham-3||$2,014|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,014|
2012Trieber won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Trieber raised a total of $2,014.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Matt Trieber's campaign in 2012|
|Pac For A Better Vermont||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,014|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Trieber voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Trieber + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermontbiz, Shumlin appoints Trieber, Ellis, Woodward to fill vacant House seats, January 21, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- followthemoney.org, "Trieber, Matthew A," accessed September 24, 2013
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013