Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 61|
Britt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"In order to compete in the global marketplace of the future, the United States must be committed to principles of quality education. With the rise of China and its powerful education system, our schools are lagging behind; especially in the areas of Math and Science. Matthew Britt believes we must focus on education to increase our competitiveness and defend our economy."
- Excerpt:"Political debate, public policy, and legislation should be judged on their merits, not on the status quo of political bribery and money. However, our system is filled with huge amounts of money from interest groups, lobbyists, and corporations. Our elections should be won fairly, not bought."
Taxes and the Economy
- Excerpt:"The growing economic problems and struggling lower and middle classes, unprecedented discrepancies in salary and benefits between corporate top executives and line workers, loss of the “American dream” by the young and middle-class – each is a symptom of decisions made by policy-makers far removed from the concerns of ordinary workers."
Family and Community Well-Being
- Excerpt:"Our families and communities are the center of our lives. In such tumultuous times, it is even more crucial for us to ensure the safety and strength of these institutions."
- Excerpt:"Matthew Britt believes a healthy environment and a strong economy are not mutually exclusive. Both are essential to our nation’s prosperity, and we can and will find ways to improve both. America needs to be independent when it comes to our energy sources."
Britt ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 61. Britt ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Phil King (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 61, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Phil King Incumbent||88.9%||55,737|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matthew + Britt + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |