Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Attorney General of South Carolina|
|Date of birth||May 22, 1973|
- Bachelor's degree, Duke University (1995) in economics
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of South Carolina School of Law (1998)
Upon passing the state bar, Richardson served as a law clerk for both the Honorable Kaye G. Hearn on the South Carolina Court of Appeals and then later for the United States District Court Judge P. Michael Duffy. In 2001, Richardson joined Wyche, Burgess, Freeman & Parham P.A., a Greenville-based private practice law firm, which specializes in consumer protection, securities fraud, commercial and real estate disputes, products liability, intellectual property protection, voting rights, employment rights, and compensation for injuries to workers and families; six years later, he was made partner there.
- Treasurer, South Carolina State University - Board of Trustees (2006-07)
- Board of Directors Member, South Carolina Future Minds Foundation
- Member, South Carolina State University - Board of Trustees Executive Committee
- Member, Central Carolina Community Foundation - Advisory Committee
- President, South Carolina Federal Bar Association
- Vice President, South Carolina Association of Justice
- 2010 Race for Attorney General - Democratic Primary
- Matthew Richardson ran unopposed in this contest
On November 2, 2010, Alan Wilson won election to the office of South Carolina Attorney General. He defeated Matthew Richardson (D) and Leslie Minerd (G) in the general election.
|South Carolina Attorney General, 2010|
|Election Results Via: South Carolina State Election Commission|
According to Follow the Money, Richardson has raised $362,200 in 2010 for his state attorney general campaign as of September 27, 2010. 
Listed below are the top five contributors:
|South Carolina Democratic Party||$50,000|
|Elizabeth L. Eble||$3,500|
|John A. Hagins, Jr.||$3,500|
Richardson currently resides in Barnwell, South Carolina with his wife, Beth Burke, and their three children.
- Compleat Lawyer Award (2003) from the University of South Carolina
- Liberty Fellowship from the Aspen Global Leadership Network
Matthew Richardson for Attorney General
P.O. Box 12641
Columbia, SC 29211
Phone: (864) 640-8132