Difference between revisions of "Mattie Hunter"
(Infobox - new session)
m (Text replace - "Redistricting=|" to "")
|Line 230:||Line 230:|
Revision as of 23:13, 3 March 2013
|Illinois State Senate District 3|
|2003 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Jackson State University|
|Birthday||June 1, 1954|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
|Profession||Owner, M. Hunter Associates|
Hunter earned her Bachelor's degree from Monmouth University and her Master's degree from Jackson State University.
Hunter is a small business owner in addition to being a Senator. Before becoming a Senator, Hunter was the Director of the Chicago Housing Authority.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hunter served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate, Vice Chair
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hunter served on these committees:
- Appropriations I
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Human Services
- Public Health
Hunter also holds sub-committee assignments for:
- Subcommittee on Amendments.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Hunter won re-election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 3. She was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mattie Hunter Incumbent||100%||67,958|
|Illinois State Senate, District 3 (2006)|
|Mattie Hunter (D)||34,568|
|Rose Pappas (R)||3,929|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Hunter collected $141,353 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Mattie Hunter & Associates Inc.||$5,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,500|
|Tea Realty Group Inc.||$3,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,000|
|Chicago Teachers Union||$2,500|
|Valerie J. Wright||$2,000|
|Illinois Credit Union League||$2,000|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$2,000|
|Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals||$1,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Hunter received a score of 0.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of F according to the IOP’s grading scale. Her score was tied for the lowest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mattie + Hunter + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Hunter represents Illinois Senate District 3. Senate District 3 includes the Southeast side of Chicago.
Hunter is single and resides in Chicago.
- Official constituency website
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Hunter Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|