Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey Senate, District 25|
|Place of birth||New York City, New York|
School Board censure
In May 2010, the Roxbury Board of Education voted 8-2 to censure then-member Castriotta for her criticisms of Principal Jeff Swanson and Superintendent Michael Rossi during a student protest of Governor Chris Christie's cuts to education funding in April 2010. Although Castriotta denied any wrongdoing, calling the board's action "an organized attempt to malign her character," the board maintained that Castriotta was "confrontational, berating both Rossi and Swanson publicly." 
In 2011, an administrative law judge sided with Castriotta, ordering the censure to be vacated. The judge stated that the board "acted outside its authority" in its censorship and that Castriotta's due process had been violated.
In August 2012, an appellate court granted Castriotta a second victory, ordering the board to cover her legal fees. 
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
|New Jersey State Senate, District 25 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Anthony Bucco Incumbent||86.8%||36,517|
Castriotta lives with her husband, Ralph, in Roxbury Township. They have two daughters.
Castriotta has served as a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post #2833 in Kenvil since 2003, included two years as president. In 2009, she was re-elected to a second term on the Roxbury Township Board of Education following her initial election in 2006. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maureen + Castriotta + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography of Maureen Castriotta
- Maureen Castriotta on Twitter
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- NewJerseyHills.com, Roxbury board censures Maureen Castriotta, May 28, 2010
- NJ.com, Judge rules against Roxbury school board in censuring member for criticizing principal, superintendent, April 7, 2011
- NJ.com, Latest court ruling a victory for Roxbury school board member, August 9, 2012
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013
- [http://www.bucktheparties.blogspot.com/p/about.html "Buck the Parties", "About Maureen", Accessed September 4, 2013