Maxey Marie Scherr
|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|J.D.||Texas Tech School of Law|
Scherr is a graduate of Texas Tech School of Law. She is a member of various associations, include the Texas State Bar, the El Paso Bar Association and the El Paso Women’s Bar Association.
Scherr's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Fighting for Every Texas Worker
- Excerpt: "Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz have blocked efforts to improve the lives of Texas families. Maxey Scherr will put the interests of Texas first in Washington.– and has a plan to do so."
- Creating Good Paying Jobs for Tomorrow
- Excerpt: "Maxey will fight in Washington for more support for our teachers and kids in Texas public schools. A public school parent, she will collaborate with all the stakeholders -- students, teachers, and parents -- to ensure that all our kids receive a good public education."
- Standing up for Civil, Human, and Individual Rights
- Excerpt: "When it comes to issues related to human rights – such as the rights of immigrants, children, women and the LGBT community – Cruz and Cornyn support absolute government control, not individual rights."
- Working with Democrats and Republicans to Get Things Done
- Excerpt: "Ted Cruz and John Cornyn are the epitome of Washington’s dysfunction. The United States Senate ought to be the great deliberative body it was intended to be. It cannot live up to that ideal today when certain lawmakers are unwilling to solve problems unless things go exactly their way, every single time."
- Cutting Wasteful Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Maxey will work with allies in Congress – Democrats and Republicans – to eliminate wasteful spending and operational duplication. She will protect investments for Texas’ future but will go line-by-line in the federal budget to identify more efficiencies."
|U.S. Senate, Texas Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Maxey Marie Scherr||17.7%||90,359|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|Maxey Marie Scherr (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$206,532||$(6,374)||$200,157|
Scherr lives in El Paso with her son, Tryston.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maxey + Marie + Scherr + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |