|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 72|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Hidalgo's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Melanie will work tirelessly to put a stop to the high drop-out rates in our schools by working closely with students, parents and the community to create workable solutions and action plans and encouraging our youth to achieve their goals through education."
- Excerpt: "Melanie will advocate for our community to have more recreational and educational programs that involve both the youth and their parents to build a stronger bond between them and keep our families unified and growing healthy physically, socially, as well as emotionally."
- Excerpt: "Melanie will fight to make sure that the state Budget agreements lower the cost of doing business, making our community an attractive place for new and existing businesses to succeed."
- Excerpt: "Melanie Hidalgo will fight to preserve and strengthen rent stabilization laws and funding affordable housing alternatives to provide a safe and secure home for our families and to revitalize our community."
- Excerpt: "Melanie will advocate for more officers to conduct more local surveillance, more prevention strategies in will police and the community work together to prevent crimes."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Guillermo Linares defeated Francesca Castellanos, Manny De Los Santos, Mayobanex Villalona and Melanie Hidalgo in the Democratic primary, while Ronnie Cabrera was unopposed in the Republican primary. Linares defeated Cabrera in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 72 General Election, 2014|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Hidalgo ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 72. She lost against Mayra S. Linares, Gabriela Rosa, and Ruben D. Vargas in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 72 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Melanie + Hidalgo + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 72
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Melanie Hidalgo, "About Melanie," accessed August 21, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |