Difference between revisions of "Melinda Bush"
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
Revision as of 08:00, 7 November 2012
|Illinois State Senate District 31|
|Lake County Board Member|
|President, Grayslake School District|
|Place of birth||Halfday, Illinois|
Bush's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Springfield needs proven leaders we can trust to fund programs that help Lake County and cut programs that do not work. Leaders we can trust to pay our bills on time, and end the culture of procrastination we have created by borrowing money from the pension fund and spending it."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Melinda comes from a background of modest means, and at a young age learned the importance of having a good job with a competitive wage. As a small-business owner, she also learned the challenges of providing those jobs."
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "Faced with cronyism and corruption at the Lake County and Forest Preserve Boards, Melinda was the first commissioner to stand up and cry foul. ...Melinda will take that same sense of right and wrong with her to Springfield, where she will work to end pension double- and triple-dipping, pay-for-play politics and political cronyism."
- Excerpt: "...Melinda knows first-hand how important exceptional teachers and an animated school environment are to a child’s education. She believes that we need to invest in the development of quality educators and school systems that are accountable to the needs of teachers, students and parents. Whether in the public or private school systems, students deserve an opportunity to succeed."
- The Environment
- Excerpt: "Melinda has always believed that the environment and the economy are not mutually exclusive. She believes it is necessary to invest in green jobs and bring new technologies to Lake County."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Bush is running in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 31. Bush was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Suzi Schmidt is not running for re-election in District 31. Bush will face Republican Joe Neal in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Bush's website lists the following endorsements:
- The Daily Herald
- Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon
- Senate President John J. Cullerton
- Senate Majority Whip Terry Link
- Senator Susan Garrett
Bush is the oldest of six brothers and sisters. She lives in Grayslake with her husband Andy. They have one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term " Melinda + Bush + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Melinda Bush for State Senate Facebook page
- Melinda Bush on Twitter
- Melinda Bush on YouTube