Melinda Myers recall, Saguache County, Colorado (2012)
An effort to recall Melinda Myers from her position as Clerk and Recorder in Saguache County, Colorado was launched in August 2011. Myers was recalled from her seat in a special recall election on January 24th, 2012.
According to reports, the recall effort took place because organizers accused Myers of negligence in fulfilling her sworn duties. It was documented by the Colorado Secretary of State’s 2010 report that Myers admitted under oath of particular violations as Clerk and Recorder.  Myers' handling of the 2010 elections in her jurisdiction prompted a grand jury investigation. 
On September 26, 2011, the Committee to Recall Melinda Myers announced they had gathered and submitted enough signatures to force an election. According to committee member Steve Carlson: "All along I was very confident that the estimated numbers we needed were there. It seemed like a huge task to get this accomplished in the time we had, so I’m proud, happy and thankful for all petition gatherers.”
Myers was recalled by a two-to-one margin. She was replaced in office by Carla Gomez.
- Votes to replace Melinda Myers with Carla Gomez: 762
- Votes to replace Melinda Myers with Patricia Jenkins: 319
- Valley Courier, "Clerk Myers recalled", January 25, 2012
- Center Post-Dispatch, "Saguache residents gear up to recall Myers", August 1, 2011
- Denver Post, "Saguache County clerk recalled by voters following bungled 2010 election", January 25, 2012
- Center Post Dispatch, "Recall election timetable announced", December 15, 2011
- Alamosa News, "Enough signatures collected to recall Myers", September 27, 2011
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |