|Kansas House of Representatives District 25|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Shawnee Mission East|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas, 1986|
Rooker earned her B.F.A. from the University of Kansas. Her professional experience includes working as Director of Development Malpaso Productions.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rooker served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Vision 2020|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Henry Yanez was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nick Hawatmeh was unopposed in the Republican primary. Yanez defeated Hawatmeh in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 25 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Henry Yanez Incumbent||53.5%||14,974|
Rooker won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 25. Rooker defeated Stephen Foster and Bill Griffith in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Megan England (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Rooker is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rooker raised a total of $31,142 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Melissa Rooker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 25||$31,142|
|Grand Total Raised||$31,142|
2012Rooker won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Rooker raised a total of $31,142.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Melissa Rooker's campaign in 2012|
|Fischer, David & Jennifer||$1,000|
|Brown, Phil & Peedee||$1,000|
|Brown, Phil & Peedee||$1,000|
|Brown, David & Lisa||$1,000|
|Hallmark Global Services||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,142|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Melissa Rooker received a score of 38.0% in the 2013 index.
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
Rooker and her husband, Tom, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Melissa + Rooker + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Melissa Rooker
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Melissa Rooker for State Representative, "Bio," accessed April 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Rooker, Melissa," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ballotpedia, "2013 Kansas Policy Index," accessed March 10, 2015
Barbara Bollier (R)
|Kansas House Of Representatives District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |