|Wisconsin State Assembly District 48|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||East High School|
|Bachelor's||University Of Wisconsin - Madison|
Sargent attended East High School and graduated with her bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sargent served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging and Long-Term Care|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• International Trade and Commerce|
|• Small Business Development|
|• Joint Legislative Audit|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Melissa Sargent was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Sargent was unopposed in the general election, and was re-elected for another term.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Sargent won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 48. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Terry Gray (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Sargent is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sargent raised a total of $34,966 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 6, 2013.
|Melissa Sargent's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 48||$34,966|
|Grand Total Raised||$34,966|
2012Sargent won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Sargent raised a total of $34,966.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Melissa Sargent's campaign in 2012|
|Dane Co Deputy Sheriff Association||$750|
|Janesville-Madison Auto Workers||$500|
|Lang Sollinger, Mary L||$500|
|Painters & Allied Trades||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,966|
|Source: Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Melissa + Sargent + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary, accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Sargent, Melissa Agard," accessed June 6, 2013
Chris Taylor (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 48
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |