Mendocino County Definition of a Corporation, Measure F (November 2012)
Measure F nstructed the federal and state lawmakers who represent residents of Mendocino County to draft and sponsor an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that states that corporations are not persons.
As of August 2012, 11 towns and counties in the United States have passed local ballot measures similar to proposed Measure F. 20 other similar measures are in progress in other local municipalities.
- Final certified results from the Mendocino County elections office.
- Margaret Koster was the inland co-chair of the effort to pass Measure F. She said, "This has been an all volunteer effort of ordinary citizens and the volunteers found that most people were eager to sign the petition. Many people were happy to take our flyers to learn more about the issue."
The question on the ballot:
|Measure F: "Should the elected representatives of Mendocino County be instructed to enact resolutions calling for amendment to the United States Constitution to establish that 1) only human beings and not corporations are endowed with constitutional rights, and 2) that money does not constitute speech and therefore political contributions can be regulated?"|
Path to the ballot
The "Move To Amend Coalition of Mendocino County" collected 5,661 signatures to qualify Measure F for the ballot.
- Ukiah Daily Journal, "Vote for Measure F", August 9, 2012
- Mendocino Beacon, "Move to Amend on Nov. ballot", August 8, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.