Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate District 26|
was a 2013 Democratic
candidate in the special election
for District 26 of the California State Senate
. Evans previously ran in the 2012 election
for California State Senate
- See also:California secretary of state election, 2014 and California State Senate elections, 2014
Evans filed Statements of Intention for both California Secretary of State and California State Senate District 30 races.
- See also: State legislative special elections, 2013
Evans ran in a special election for California State Senate District 26. The seat was vacant following Sen. Curren Price's (D) election to the Los Angeles City Council. Evans was defeated by Holly Mitchell (D) in a blanket primary, which took place on September 17.
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2012
Evans ran in the 2012 election for California State Senate District 62. He and incumbent Steve Bradford (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. He was subsequently defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Senate, District 62, General Election, 2012
||Steven Bradford Incumbent
|| Mervin Evans
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mervin + Evans + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "CAMPAIGN FINANCE: Candidates & Elected Officials," accessed August 15, 2013
- ↑ scpr.org, "Special elections set for Asssembly, Senate seats are costly, draw few voters," July 4, 2013
- ↑ sos.ca.gov, "SD 26 Special Primary Election - Official Certified List of Candidates," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ latimes.com, "Assemblywoman Holly Mitchell wins state Senate seat," September 17, 2013
- ↑ California Secretary of State, 2012 official candidate list
- ↑ California Secretary of State "Primary Results" June 5, 2012