Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 65|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||June 2007|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Kellner's professional experience is as an aide to New York City Comptroller William Thompson; aide to United States Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney; and an aide to United States Senator Chuck Schumer.
Kellner earned a BA from the New York University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kellner has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York State Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kellner served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Kellner ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 65 2010|
|Micah Kellner (D)||22,741|
|Michael Zumbluskus (R)||7,998|
On November 4, 2008 Kellner won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 65, defeating opponent Georgiana Viest (R).
Kellner raised $87,001 for his campaign while Viest raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 65 2008|
|Micah Kellner (D)||36,672|
|Georgiana Viest (R)||11,629|
In 2008, a year in which Kellner was up for re-election, he collected $87,001 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,800|
|1199 SEIU United Health care Workers East||$3,800|
|Law Offices of Michael J Asta||$3,000|
|New York State Laborers||$3,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Micah Kellner
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|New York Assembly - District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |