For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 2|
Assad is a school board member and political science student.
According to his website, Assad's campaign platform included the following issues:
- Term limits
- Reduced involvement in labor negotiations
- Domestic energy production and opposition to cap and trade legislation
Assad ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 2nd District. He sought the nomination on the Republican ticket, and lost to incumbent Frank LoBiondo in the June 5 Republican primary.
|New Jersey's 2nd Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Frank LoBiondo Incumbent||87.6%||20,551|
- WYNC "Live! NJ Election Results," June 5, 2012
- Gloucester County Times, "Candidates in Second Congressional District primaries discuss economy, taxes," May 25, 2012
- Michael Assad campaign website Accessed May 28, 2012
- The Press of Atlantic City, "Absecon man announces challenge of LoBiondo for New Jersey House seat," November 14, 2011
- New Jersey Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"