|New York State Assembly District 82|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Adjunct Instructor, Mercy College|
Benedetto is an adjunct instructor at Mercy College. His other professional experiences include coordinator of special education unit for Public School 160; teacher; and staff to mulitple councilmembers.
Benedetto earned a BA in history and education from Iona College and a MA in social studies and education.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Benedetto defeated Rafael Dominguez and Herbert Moreira-Brown, unopposed in the September 14 primary. He defeated Michael Rendino (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Benedetto ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 82 2010|
|Michael Benedetto (D)||17,035|
|Michael Rendino (R)||6,257|
On November 4, 2008 Benedetto won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 82, defeating opponent Raymond Capone (R).
Benedetto raised $61,209 for his campaign while Capone raised $1,825.
|New York State Assembly, District 82 2008|
|Michael Benedetto (D)||29,619|
|Raymond Capone (R)||6,092|
In the 2008 election, Benedetto raised a total of $61,209.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Chippewa Democratic Club||$6,000|
|Crowley For Congress||$4,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|AFSCME District Council 37||$2,250|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,950|
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Child Product Safety
- Subcommittee on Students with Special Needs
- Subcommittee on Retention of Homeownership and Stabilization of Affordable Housing
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Oversight of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises
- New York Assembly - Rep. Michael Benedetto
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000
|New York Assembly - District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |