Oregon State House District 33
|Profession||Health Care Consultant|
Bieker's campaign website lists three main issues:
- Taxes in a Flat Economy: "Until the economy recovers, we should avoid any new tax increases. Additionally, as representative, I would like to dig into the books to try to clear some expenses that are not needed at this time. I also feel it is important for our state to be creative and look at other revenue sources beyond taxes and parking tickets... I am strongly opposed to the addition of any sales tax in our state without completely removing an existing tax such as income or property."
- Education: "I’m concerned that student achievement is falling while our drop-out rate is rising. Developing the youth is the best long-term investment our state can make. I support putting more dollars directly into classrooms, performance auditing for schools and more professional development for teachers. I also support developing students through sports, music, and volunteer activities. Additionally, I would like to create opportunities for members of our private sector to transition into helpful roles in the classroom."
- Healthcare: "As a health care consultant, I have helped medical providers be in a position to better serve their patients, hire more nurses, and afford new-life saving equipment. As State Representative, I will work to make health care more accessible to Oregon families. I’m a firm believer in information transparency to individual consumers. I will use my industry experience to fix inefficiencies in our health care system and support reforms that will help more Oregonians afford health insurance."
11056 Northwest Malia Lane
Portland, OR 97229
- Official campaign website
- Oregon Votes, State Voter Guide Profile
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile