Difference between revisions of "Michael Breitbach"
|Line 102:||Line 102:|
Breitbach was a [[
Breitbach was a [[Republican]] for District 24 of the [[Iowa House of Representatives]] in the [[Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2010|November 2, 2010 state legislative elections]]. Breitbach was defeated by [[Roger Thomas]] (D) in the November 2 general election.<ref>[http://www.sos.state.ia.us/pdfs/elections/2010/streporr.pdf Official Iowa House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010]</ref>
Revision as of 16:07, 19 September 2013
|Iowa State Senate District 28|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Place of birth||Colesburg, Iowa|
Breitbach earned his B.S. in Accounting and Business from Loras College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Breitbach served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
Breitbach's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Our families have to live within our budgets. We need to insure that our state and federal government does the same."
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to reevaluate our government's role and reestablish the role of individuals and families."
- Excerpt:"I have a proven record of solving problems in business and I want to bring that approach to state government."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Breitbach ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 28. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated John Beard in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 28, General Election, 2012|
Breitbach was a Republican candidate for District 24 of the Iowa House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 state legislative elections. Breitbach was defeated by Roger Thomas (D) in the November 2 general election.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Mike and his wife, Theresa, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Breitbach + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Breitbach's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
James Seymour (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|