For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michael C. Burgess|
|U.S. House, Texas, 26th District|
|January 3, 2003-present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 5, 2002|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||North Texas State University|
|Master's||North Texas State University; University of Texas, Dallas|
|M.D.||University of Texas Medical School, Houston|
|Date of birth||December 23, 1950|
|Place of birth||Rochester, MN|
After earning his bachelor's degree and M.D., Burgess practiced medicine for over 20 years before pursuing his political career.
- 2003-present: U.S. House of Representatives
Burgess is a member of the following House committees:
- House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Subcommittee on Health Chair
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Subcommittee on Energy and Power
Percentage vote with party
Burgess voted with the Republican Party 90.0% of the time, which ranked 190 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
On November 2, 2010, Burgess won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating Neil L. Durrance (D) and Mark Boler (L).
Burgess won re-election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Burgess's campaign committee raised a total of $1,019,693 and spent $1,031,170.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Texas, 26th District, 2010 - Michael Burgess Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$106,037|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$106,028|
|Top contributors to Michael Burgess's campaign committee|
|Energy Future Holdings Corp||$11,400|
|American Academy of Dermatology Assn||$10,000|
|American Academy of Family Physicians||$10,000|
|American Academy of Ophthalmology||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$58,100|
Burgess and his wife, Laura, have three children and one grandchild.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Official House website "About," Accessed November 1, 2011
- Official House website "Committee Assignments," Accessed November 1, 2011
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- The Hill, "2012 GOP Lawmaker Endorsements for President," retrieved November 22, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Michael Burgess 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 1, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Texas, 26th District
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |