|Illinois State Senate District 21|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 48|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Connelly served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations I|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Criminal Law|
|• Human Services, Minority Spokesperson|
|• Labor and Commerce|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Connelly served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Judiciary I - Civil Law|
|• Business Occupational Licenses|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Additionally, Connelly served on the Select Committee on Discipline.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Connelly served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Elementary & Secondary Education|
|• Fire Protection|
|• Railroad Industry|
- Subcommittee on School Transportation
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Connelly won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 21. He was unopposed in the Republican Primary on March 20 and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 21, General Election, 2012|
Connelly was endorsed by Family-Pac.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 48 (2010)|
|Michael Connelly (R)||24,601||66.19%|
|Barbara Green (D)||12,567||33.81%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Michael Connelly won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 48 receiving 29,649 votes, ahead of Democrat Joseph Heneghan who received 21,404 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 48 (2008)|
|Michael Connelly (R)||29,649|
|Joseph Heneghan (D)||21,404|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Connelly collected $116,156 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Connelly's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,344|
|Illinois State Bar Association||$2,250|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$116,156|
In 2008, Connelly collected $110,884 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Citizens to Elect Robert Schillerstrom||$7,405|
|House Republican Organization of Illinois||$5,842|
|Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce||$5,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$5,000|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Connelly received a score of 87.50 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of A- according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 3rd highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Michael + Connelly + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senator Michael Connelly - Official Senate Website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Michael Connelly (R) 48th District official House website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2008
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Connelly Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
Ron Sandack (R)
|Illinois State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 48
| Succeeded by|
Sandra M. Pihos (R)