|U.S. House, California, District 51|
|Date of birth||September 4, 1947|
|Place of birth||New Rochelle, NY|
Crimmins's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe that all Americans deserve access health care coverage and that many of the solutions to this challenge are nonpartisan and supported by most members of Congress. I support strengthening the existing private market system with policies that will drive down costs and make it easier for people to purchase affordable insurance."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the American Dream and the free market. No nation has ever taxed itself out of a recession or into prosperity. I recognize that lowering taxes will spur economic growth. Raising taxes will only serve to hurt small businesses, hinder economic growth and increase the unemployment rate."
- Energy & Environment
- Excerpt: "To achieve national energy independence, I support the development of renewable energy sources from solar, wind, biomass, hydroelectric, geothermal and nuclear. I am fundamentally opposed to a national “Cap and Tax” program, not only because it will increase costs for families and businesses, but because the market has taken the initiative to creating solutions to reduce their carbon emissions."
- Excerpt: "Having spent over a decade as a teacher and a principal in San Diego County, I am passionate about improving the quality of our public schools and access to higher education. No Child Left Behind has left many students and teachers behind."
- Excerpt: "Having served for over two decades as a Marine Corps officer, from Vietnam through Desert Storm, I am very aware of the integral role and relationship that the military has in San Diego. I am humbled daily as I see the dedication and sacrifice of the men and women who serve and protect us."
Crimmins ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 51st District. He and Juan Vargas (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Denise Moreno Ducheny (D), Daniel Ramirez (D), John Brooks (D), Xanthi Gionis (R), and Bernard Portley (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Vargas won.
|U.S. House, California District 51 General Election, 2012|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California's 51st Congressional District, 2012 - Michael Crimmins Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,061,806|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,010,618|
|Top contributors to Michael Crimmins's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Crimmins + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 | 2016 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |