Difference between revisions of "Michael Cusick"
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
|Line 187:||Line 191:|
Revision as of 13:51, 17 August 2012
|New York State Assembly District 63|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Villanova University, 1991|
Cusick's professional experiences include chief of staff to New York State Assemblymember Eric Vitaliano; special assistant to the president of the City Council Andrew Stein; and director of constituent services to United States Senator Charles Schumer.
Cusick earned a BA from Villanova University. He is married to Kristy.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cusick has been appointed to the following committees:
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Tuition Assistance Program, Chair
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cusick served on the following committees:
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Tuition Assistance Program
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Cusick is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 63. He is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He is also running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Samuel T. Pirozzolo is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Cusick ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Danny Panzella (L) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Democratic Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, the Conservative Party, and the Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 63 2010|
|Michael Cusick (D)||18,424|
|Danny Panzella (L)||1,732|
On November 4, 2008 Cusick won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 63, defeating opponent David Pascarella (R).
Cusick raised $119,812 for his campaign while Pascarella raised $21,775.
|New York State Assembly, District 63 2008|
|Michael Cusick (D)||23,568|
|David Pascarella (R)||12,539|
In 2010, Cusick received $161,663 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Cusick's campaign in 2010|
|New York State Association Of Realtors||$3,625|
|New York State Afl-Cio||$3,610|
|Sub Contractors Trade Association||$3,500|
|Uniformed Fire Officers||$3,400|
|New York State Court Officers Association||$3,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$161,663|
In 2008, a year in which Cusick was up for re-election, he collected $119,812 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State AFL-CIO||$4,000|
|Staten Island Heat Imaging PC||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,700|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$2,500|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Michael Cusick
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cusick
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Michael Cusick
|New York Assembly - District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |