For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 34|
|2009 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Dendekker's professional experiences include actor; community board member; chair of Neighborhood Advisory Board; deputy chief for Jackson Heights-Elmhurst Volunteer Ambulance Corps; supervisor; account representative; banquet manager; shoe salesman; and paperboy.
Dendekker attended for automotive technology the State University of New York at Farmingdale. He and his wife, Angela, have 4 children; Michael, Linda, Elizabeth, and Jason.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, DenDekker has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, DenDekker served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
DenDekker ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 34 2010|
|Michael DenDekker (D)||10,117|
On November 4, 2008 Dendekker won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 34. He ran unopposed.
Dendekker raised $69,837 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 34 2008|
|Michael Dendekker (D)||14,152|
In 2010, DenDekker received $99,369 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael DenDekker's campaign in 2010|
|Uniformed Sanitationmens Association Local 831||$4,500|
|Sanitation Officers Association||$4,100|
|Operating Engineers Local 30||$3,800|
|Crowley For Congress||$3,800|
|Wood Heights Democratic Club||$3,800|
|Total Raised in 2010||$99,369|
In 2008, a year in which DenDekker was up for re-election, he collected $69,837 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Stationary Eng Education Fund L30||$3,800|
|Crowley for Congress||$3,800|
|Sanitation Officers Association||$3,800|
|Dante Caterers Inc||$3,800|
|Wood Heights Democratic Club||$3,800|
|Uniformed Sanitationmens Association Local 831||$3,800|
|Operating Engineers Local 15A-15D||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Michael Dendekker
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|New York Assembly - District 34
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |