Michael Fitzpatrick (New York)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 7|
|2003 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||11|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Fitzpatrick's professional experience is as an investment associate for UBS Financial Services Incorporated, Port Jefferson Branch Office.
Fitzpatrick earned a BA in business administration from Saint Michael's College. He and his wife, Lorena, have two children, Corina and Michael.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fitzpatrick has been appointed to the following committees:
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York State Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fitzpatrick served on the following committees:
- Higher Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Fitzpatrick ran unopposed in the September 14 Re primary. He defeated Richard Macellaro (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Macellaro is also running on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 7 2010|
|Michael Fitzpatrick (R)||29,118|
|Richard Macellaro (D)||11,968|
On November 4, 2008 Michael Fizpatrick won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 7, defeating opponent Allen Huggins (D).
Fitzpatrick raised $40,265 for his campaign while Huggins raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 7 2008|
|Michael Fitzpatrick (R)||36,851|
|Allen Huggins (D)||18,520|
In 2008, a year in which Fitzpatrick was up for re-election, he collected $40,625 in donations.
|New Yorkers for Growth||$2,500|
|Rent Stabilization Association||$2,000|
|New York State Health Facilities Association||$950|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Michael Fitzpatrick
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|New York Assembly - District 7
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |