Michael G. Fitzpatrick
|Michael G. Fitzpatrick|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 8|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Representative, United States House of Representatives|
|Commissioner, Bucks County Board of Commissioners|
|Chair, Bucks County Board of Commissioners|
|1995, 1997, 1999, 2002, 2003|
|Bachelor's||Saint Thomas University, 1985|
|J.D.||Pennsylvania State University, 1988|
|Birthday||June 28, 1963|
- 1985: Graduated from St. Thomas University, Florida
- 1988: Graduated from Dickinson School of Law, Pa.
- 1995-2004: Served as commissioner, Bucks County, Pa.
- 2005-2007, 2011-Present: U.S Representative from Pennsylvania
- Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Michael G. Fitzpatrick has voted with the Republican Party 81.0% of the time, which ranked 236 among the 242 House Republican members as of December 2011.
The liberal CREDO SuperPAC announced that they have dubbed Fitzpatrick part of the "Tea Party Ten," and have targeted him for defeat in 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 8 Election, 2010|
|Republican||Michael G. Fitzpatrick||53.5%||130,759|
|Democrat||Patrick J. Murphy Incumbent||46.5%||113,547|
Fitzpatrick won election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Fitzpatrick's campaign committee raised a total of $2,090,793 and spent $2,062,733.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 8 Election, 2010 - Michael G. Fitzpatrick Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$4,246,047|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$4,287,244|
|Top contributors to Michael G. Fitzpatrick's campaign committee|
|Crown Cork & Seal||$15,100|
|Gilmore & Assoc||$12,350|
|Fred Beans Auto Group||$10,600|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Michael G. Fitzpatrick is married to Kathleen. They have 6 children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed June 6, 2013
- PoliticsPA "Liberal Super PAC Targets Fitzpatrick" Accessed April 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Michael G. Fitzpatrick 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |