Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||March 27, 2012|
|Confirmed||January 1, 2013|
|Appointed||January 7, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Deputy Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration|
|Managing Director of the 2002 Olympic Committee|
|Chief of Staff for U.S. Transportation Secretary Rodney E. Slater|
|Bachelor's||University of California Riverside|
|Birthday||November 18, 1956|
|Place of birth||Riverside, California|
Below is an abbreviated outline of Huerta's academic, professional and political career:
- 1978: Graduated from the University of California Riverside
- 1980: Earned master's degree from Princeton University
- 1986-1989: Commissioner of the Department of Ports for New York City
- 1989-1993: Executive Director of the Port of San Francisco
- 1993-1997: Associate Deputy Secretary for U.S. Transportation Secretary Federico Pena
- 1997-1998: Chief of Staff for U.S. Transportation Secretary Rodney E. Slater
- 1998-2002: Managing Director of the 2002 Olympic Committee
- 2002-2009: Various positions at Affiliated Computer Services rising to President of the Transportation Solutions Group
- 2009-2013: Deputy Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration
- 2013-Present: Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration
Huerta was confirmed by the United States Senate on January 1, 2013, by a voice vote. His confirmation was delayed by Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) in hopes of Mitt Romney winning the 2012 presidential election and appointing a candidate more aligned with Republican policies.
|Federal Aviation Administration Annual Budget|
|Year||Budget (in billions)||% Difference from previous year|
- Note: 2014 only represents the agency's budget request, not an enacted budget.
Huerta is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + Huerta + FAA + Administrator
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
|Administrator of the FAA
| Succeeded by|