For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Michael J. Bigler
|Michael J. Bigler|
|Illinois State Senate District 58|
|Anna City Commissioner|
|Member, Anna-Jonesboro High School Board|
|Place of birth||Anna, IL|
Bigler's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Budget Reform
- Excerpt: "Springfield needs to learn that they can’t spend money we don’t have and can’t tax their way out of the hole. We need to do what every responsible family does when they get behind, we need to be decisive about where to cut our budget then stay the course. This doesn’t mean that we balance the budget by closing facilities such as Tamms prison, this does nothing but jeopardize the safety of our officers throughout the corrections system, by stripping others of their jobs."
- Welfare Reform
- Excerpt: "People should be required to better themselves and the community. If you are able to work, you should, whether it is cleaning up the local park, our road’s right-of-way or any other kind of community service."
- Our Veterans
- Excerpt: "We have been fighting a war now for over a decade and as our soldiers return to civilian life we have to ensure that this transition is as seamless as possible. That means offering assistance with not just finding employment but making sure that they’re getting the best physical and moral support that we can offer."
- Excerpt: "Children shouldn’t be held back from learning. They should be given every opportunity to excel and when they excel to another level we must embrace it by challenging them further, not hold them back."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Bigler is running in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 58. Bigler filed as a petition candidate after the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent David Luechtefeld ran unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Bigler + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.