Michael Johnston (Colorado)
|Colorado State Senate District 33|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Johnston is a School Principal.
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado Senate
- Education Committee, Colorado Senate
- Finance Committee, Colorado Senate
Johnston's sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
40 under 40
Johnston has been highlighted by Time Magazine as one of the 40 leaders under 40 who are "rising stars of American politics.
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Johnston is seeking re-election to the 33rd District seat in 2010. He faced no opposition in the primary election. He defeated Lisa Ringle (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 33 General election (2010)|
|Michael Johnston (D)||33,634|
|Lisa Ringle (R)||7,276|
Johnston was appointed to the 31st district seat in the Colorado State Senate.
- Mike Johnston's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Michael Johnston
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Michael Johnston
- Michael Johnston on Facebook
|Colorado State Senate - District 33
| Succeeded by|