Michael K. Smith
|Michael K. Smith|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 91|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Prior to his election to the House, Smith was a Citizens Advocate with the Illinois Attorney General's Office from 1992-1994, and a Legislative Assistant in the Illinois House of Representatives from 1986-1992.
Smith is past President of Saint Mary's Parish Council, Canton Area Chamber of Commerce, American Heart Association County Division, and the Fulton County American Heart Association.
- Appropriations-Elementary & Secondary Education
- Computer Technology
- Elementary & Secondary Education (Chair)
- Environment & Energy
- Financial Institutions
- Fire Protection
- Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness
- Subcommittee on Appropriations for Elementary and Secondary Education (Chair)
Smith is running for re-election to the 91st District seat against Republican Michael D. Unes. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election takes place on November 2, 2010.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 91 (2008)|
|Michael K. Smith (D)||37,277|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 91 (2006)|
|Michael Smith (D)||19,676|
|Daryl Dagit (R)||12,498|
In 2008, Smith collected $199,542 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Operating Engineers Local 649||$22,500|
|Illinois Education Association||$20,000|
|Friends of Michael J. Madigan||$10,858|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$5,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$5,250|
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Michael K. Smith (D) 91st District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Illinois House Democrats - Michael K. Smith
|Illinois House of Representatives District 91
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |