For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Michael Kane (Massachusetts)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Hampden|
|2001 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||American International College|
|Master's||American International College|
Kane represented Ward 5 on the Holyoke City Council from 1996-2000.
He is a member of the Holyoke Boys and Girls Club, Holyoke Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), and the Saint Patrick Parade Committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee (Vice Chair)
- Ways and Means
- Steering, Policy and Schedule
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Hampden District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Kane Incumbent||33.9%||999|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Fifth Hampden District (2010)|
|Michael Kane (D)||8,074|
On November 4, 2008, Kane won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Fifth Hampden district. In this election he raised $57,423-; of that total $54,722- (95.3%) was from in state contributions and $2,700- (4.7%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Fifth Hampden district|
|Michael Kane (D)||12,110|
In 2010, Kane received $57,411 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Kane (Massachusetts)'s campaign in 2010|
|Kane, Michael F||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Mccarthy, John F||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$57,411|
Kane raised $57,423 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Boston Police Patrolmens Association||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$700|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$700|
|Hank J. Porten||$625|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + Kane + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Michael Kane
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kane
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Hampden 5
| Succeeded by|
Aaron Vega (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |