|New York State Assembly District 142|
|2012 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||March 20, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly District 145|
He previously represented District 145 in the Assembly from 2012 to 2013.
Kearns earned his B.A. in Political Science from Canisius College. His professional experience includes being a member of the South District Common Council in the City of Buffalo, a former Sanitation worker for the City of Buffalo, and as Vice-President of Kearns & Associates.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kearns served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Oversight, Analysis and Investigation|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Kearns ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 142. He ran unopposed in the Democratic, Republican, Conservative Party, and Working Families Party primaries on September 13, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 142, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Kearns Incumbent||100%||52,415|
2012 special election
Kearns, a self-identified Democrat, ran on the Republican ticket to challenge the endorsed Democratic candidate. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Mark Schroeder (D) resigned after being elected Buffalo City comptroller.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Kearns and his wife, Erin, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Michael + Kearns + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- [votesmart.org/candidate/75769/michael-kearns#.Ud8f01Pk_t4 Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart]
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kearns
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- Your News Now, "Parties Talk 145th Assembly Special Election," January 21, 2012
- NY State Board of Elections, Candidate List, February 28, 2012
- Buffalo News, "Kearns is winner in landslide upset," March 21, 2012
Jane Corwin (R)
|New York Assembly District 142
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 145
| Succeeded by|
John Ceretto (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |