|Maryland State Senate District 19|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Lenett earned his Bachelors Degree and also received a Magna Cum Laude in 1984. At Georgetown University he earned his Masters Degree and Juris Doctor in 1988. Lenett also earned his Master of Laws degree with distinction in 1992.
Lenett was a member of these committees:
- Education, Health & Environmental Affairs
- Federal Relations
- Health Care Delivery & Financing
- Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation
- Joint Committee on the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Critical Area
Lenett represented Maryland Senate District 19. District 19 includes Montgomery County.
Across the country in 2010, state senate elections were held in 43 states. 1,167 state senate seats were at stake. In all 1,167 state senate districts with an election in 2010, only 19 challengers (12 Democrats and 7 Republicans) defeated an incumbent state senator. Manno was one of the 12 Democratic challengers who defeated an incumbent Democratic state senator.
Lenett raised $207,553 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 19|
|Michael Lenett (D)||25,810||68.3%|
In 2006 Michael Lenett collected $207,553 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$6,000|
|Maryland Realtors Association||$2,500|
Lenett was born in New York City, New York
- Gazette.Net, Lenett concedes Senate primary to Manno in District 19, 9/14/2010
- Senator Lenett's website
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Senator Lenett's campaign facebook
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
|Maryland Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|