Michael Madigan, New York
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 26|
Madigan works as a manager for a biotechnology firm. He is a Tea Party activist and vice president of the Rochester-based Frederick Douglass Foundation, a think-tank focused on education policy issues.
Madigan says he chose to run against Brian Higgins because the incumbent Democrat "ignores what's happening here" in Buffalo's economically disadvantaged East Side. He says education is key, along with lower taxes and reduced regulations in order to help the area's competitiveness.
With redistricting making the district even more solidly Democratic, Madigan admits that he will be at a disadvantage heading into the general election. However, he says he is inspired to run because he wants to improve Buffalo's dismal education conditions. Madigan considers incumbent Higgins to have ignored the city's poverty and underperforming school system.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Madigan + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Buffalo News "Madigan launches campaign for seat held by Higgins," May 21, 2012
- Island Dispatch "Islander kicks off run for Congress," May 25, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- Sabato Crystal Ball "2012 House Ratings," June 13, 2012
- Buffalo News "GOP’s Madigan steps up to challenge Higgins," April 3, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||