Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 15|
|2010 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
Montesano's other political experience is as president, vice-president, and trustee of North Shore School District Board of Education.
Montesano is a retired police officer and detective for New York Police Department. His other professional experiences include private practice law firm; former emergency medical technician supervisor and investigator for New York City Emergency Medical Service; adjunct professor for New York Institute of Technology; and acting village justice for Village Prosecutor Roslyn Harbor.
Montesano earned an AA from Nassau County Community College; a bachelors degree in criminal justice from Saint John's University; and a JD from City University of New York Law School at Queens College. He and his wife, Donna, have four children; Amanda, Carmine, Jennifer, and Michael.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Montesano has been appointed to the following committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York State Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Montesano served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Oversight, Analysis and Investigation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Montesano ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated Leon Hart (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, the Conservative Party, and the Tax Revolt party.
|New York State Assembly, District 15 2010|
|Michael Montesano (R)||21,606|
|Leon Hart (D)||12,730|
- Citizens for Montesano - official campaign site
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
|New York Assembly - District 15
| Succeeded by|
|New York Assembly District 15
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |