O'Neal, who has his BA and JD from the University of Kansas, has worked as an administrative Partner with Gilliland, Hayes, PA since 1988.
He is presently a member of the Defense Research Institute, National Conference of State Legislature, Kansas County Mental Health Association Board, Kansas Association of Defense Council, and Kansas Bar Association.
O'Neal has refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
His answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2002 National Political Awareness Test are available.
- Calendar and Printing (Vice-Chair)
- Interstate Cooperation
- Legislative Budget
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
The top 5 donors to O'Neal's 2008 campaign came mostly from health care related fields:
- 1. Kansas Medical Society $1,000
- 2. Kansas Optometric Assoc $1,000
- 3. Kansas Assoc of Realtors $1,000
- 4. Pfizer $1,000
- 5. Koch Industries $1,000
Capitol Office Room: 390-W Phone: 785-296-2302 Email: email@example.com
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Michael O'Neal
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 1996,1998,2002, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Michael O'Neal Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Neal Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |