|Kansas House of Representatives District 104|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 10, 2013
O'Neal, who has his BA and JD from the University of Kansas, has worked as an administrative Partner with Gilliland, Hayes, PA since 1988.
He is presently a member of the Defense Research Institute, National Conference of State Legislature, Kansas County Mental Health Association Board, Kansas Association of Defense Council, and Kansas Bar Association.
O'Neal refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
His answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2002 National Political Awareness Test are available.
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Neal has been appointed to the following committees:
- Calendar and Printing Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Chair
- Legislative Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Legislative Coordinating Council Committee, Kansas State Legislature, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, O'Neal served on the following committees:
- Calendar and Printing Committee, House of Representatives (Vice-Chair)
- Interstate Cooperation Committee, House of Representatives
- Legislative Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Joint Committee on Legislative Coordinating Council
- Joint Committee on Parole Board Oversight
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 104 General Election (2010)|
|Michael O'Neal (R)||4,956|
|Jack Mace (D)||2,828|
|Bennie Ferguson (L)||388|
On November 4, 2008, O'Neal was re-elected to the 104th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Bennie Lee "Ben" Ferguson (L).  O'Neal raised $58,916 for his campaign, while Ferguson raised $0. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 104|
|Michael O'Neal (R)||8,711||81.2%|
|Bennie Lee Ferguson (L)||2,009||18.7%|
In 2008 O'Neal collected $58,916 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Michael O'Neal
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 1996,1998,2002, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Michael O'Neal Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. O'Neal Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 104
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |